Thursday, 13 July 2017

Canopy Fitting Fix

The canopy fitting that I remade in nylon was taken to Italy and tried out. The pivot bolt and nut were fouling on the part that this remade part fits into, so I have dropped the bolt and nuts by counter-boring the holes:



I used a 20mm Forstner bit to do this. The bolt and nut are now much lower and hopefully should easily clear the
other part:



I bought some stainless bolts, nuts and washers as I realised that the canopy is going to be used by the sea, and the original bolts were maybe not going to weather sea water exposure very well.

No comments: